Friday, May 23, 2008

Fight Club

TYLER
Tyler Durden. You know why they have oxygen masks on planes?
JACK
Supply oxygen?

TYLER
That's a sharp answer. The oxygen gets you high. You're taking in
giant, panicked breaths and, suddenly, you become euphoric and docile,
and you accept your fate.


***********************
TYLER
Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.
***********************
TYLER
The first rule of Fight Club is - you do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is - you DO NOT talk about Fight Club. Third rule of Fight Club, someone yells Stop!, goes limp, taps out, the fight is over. Fourth rule, only two guys to a fight. Fifth rule, one fight at a time, fellas. Sixth rule, no shirt, no shoes. Seventh rule, fights will go on as long as they have to. And the eighth and final rule, if this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight.

************************

Y is that I feel so distorted
Y is that I feel there is no need for me to connect
Y am I moving away
Y am I seeking the pain
Y is that I feel today I really don't care
Esp. when I know I care
Y is all this pretension
Y is that I am not taking control
Y am I not willing to share
Y do all these words no longer add to the scare
Am I growing insane
Y I really didn't miss any of them today
Y is that in silence I feel relieved
Y is that lapse of reason helps me to solace
Y is that I YEARN to be hit as hard as anyone really can
Y is that I am going numb
Am I growing insane....

********************************

HITTING BOTTOM ISN'T A WEEKEND RETREAT!  IT'S NOT A SEMINAR!  ONLY
AFTER YOU'VE LOST EVERYTHING ARE YOU FREE TO DO ANYTHING! YOU SEE, YOU
LISTEN, BUT YOU DON'T GET IT! YOU HAVE TO FORGET EVERYTHING YOU KNOW,
EVERYTHING YOU THINK YOU KNOW!

No comments:

ROCK ON!!!!!!!!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones