Saturday, June 7, 2008

"They say it's easier to be a guy"

K the following has been written by a gal friend of me....

----------------

I need shoes. Here are the top reasons why. (Let it be known that there are more, however in view of consumption of blogspace and saving of bullet points etc, I shall jot down only the most important ones).

  1. Because i have only 2 pairs of stilettos now and one of them is really old.
  2. I recently bought 2 really cute pairs of shorts and other than sneakers, have no other shoes that will GO.
  3. In the last 3 weeks, two pairs of work flats BROKE. and I got only 1 replacement.
  4. The stilettos at Nine west Called out to me
  5. Ive always wanted a pair of really cool to-die-for Puma's. And if a guy friend validates that a pair of shoes is nice, imagine HOW NICE they must actually be!
  6. I dreamt i owned the shoes in question
  7. They're not shoes, they're a whole new me.
  8. Because Rainy season's here and we ought to celebrate no?
  9. The Ash moved to Kol and I no longer have anyone who convinces me into buying shoes i dont need. I mean i need.
  10. Because ballet shoes look terrific on my feet. They told me.
  11. Im a shoes and bags person. Also watches, perfumes and clothes. Which indicates i should be buying these things in quantities more than the average woman else i would be defying the definition. I wouldnt want to defy the definition now would I?
  12. Its the 4th of June
  13. After looking at these I had sweet sweet dreams.
  14. My toes will be painted this weekend and deserve pretty shoes.

Good judgement and logic generally accompany most decisions. Hence i also made a list of why i should NOT BUY new shoes.

  1. I am slightly broke.
  2. errrr
Argghh. Why couldnt I have been born a guy. I would've owned a pair each of the following shoes in the following colours.

  1. Black work shoes
  2. Sneakers in Black, white or blue
  3. Chappals in a colour that doesnt matter cos theyre chappal
----------------
Brilliant, that was like an introductory session to what goes inside a gal's mind ... or should I say how much do they think... and to what extent...

Boy ... Now I know why they say, "its impossible to understand what a women wants"

If I had to buy a shoe... the reasons...would be my old one can't be worn anymore that's about it...

K but why such a big blog about something like this...

well the friend continues to comment...
"
its so much easier being a guy! men are lazy, uncouth, unkempt, and get away with it"


Just replying to a comment


But being a boy ain't all that easy...

All the guys would appreciate the fact... that no matter how much we believe in all the things, e.g., keeping our rooms, clean, dressing up right for occasions and all the other similar things we never do or pretend to not care about, how we still manage to continue in our quest to be defined as uncouth, unkempt ... it takes effort... it takes courage to get in to public like that and to get away with it convincingly...

Does anyone ever appreciate the fact that all of our ( I mean all the guys) efforts towards one goal, one common aim to be labeled as we have been... without competing amongst ourselves of who dresses the worst or how well we disguise into that shabby look when in comparison to another... most importantly we never even discuss it amongst ourselves... does anyone have an idea how much of an effort it is to get the entire gender (more than half the population of this world) to work towards a common goal... there are dropouts, there are so many of us who tend to differ, so many of us who give up midway, so many of us who are forced to present ourselves in a more acceptable manner due to the external factors (job requirements and stuff like that), does anyone have any idea how hard it is to grow indifferent to all these, to all the stares from the world and continue to walk those streets, in the same clothes or the same jeans which haven't been washed in a months time now and sport the same careless attitude and the smile ... does anyone know how hard it is... to continuously alter our lifestyles to meet the requirements of the external forces ( such as our jobs and similar others) and to continue in our quest to keep up to the label that has now become synonymous and to a certain extent that defines us, us the "GUYS"

Jesus Christ...

and they say it's easier to be a guy...

----------------

1 comment:

Scarlett said...

Errrr...can u summarize that post pls? I didn't get head or tail of it. Maybe I'm a dimwit...LOVL (laugh out very loud)...so do me the favor ;D

ROCK ON!!!!!!!!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones