Monday, August 18, 2008

The apple conspiracy

Apples

A for apple, B for Ball, C for Cat.... wait...

Did I just say A for apple... damn... this is where it all began... the apple story....

(well I've been waiting to write this piece on "apple"... for the the longest of times... so here it goes...)

What do you read/ interpret... when you hear the word apple?

Lemme guess... fruits... I-pods... I-phones... Macs... etc...

for me... the word just translates into Evolution....

Why?

Case Study 1: Apple in history.... Adam & Eve : the tale of the forbidden fruit...

The traditional interpretation of the story of Adam and Eve is that they disobeyed God by eating the forbidden fruit, "apple" , which is the origin of Original Sin...the story symbolizes a major step in our evolution from animal to human, a transition which spanned millions of years...

What was the transition? the concept of morality... then the entire array of emotions, beliefs, and behaviors that goes along with it, eventually defining the base that lead to the development of civilization, along with its numerous ramifications...


Case Study 2: Apple = physics...

As it's been told for ages ... if it wasn't the apple that fell on Sir Isaac Newton... and the birth of physics happens... if only Sir Newton would have eaten the bloody apple than to ponder upon the whys and the where's and the how's... No physics... and the advancements in science... just imagine today we have people who do research on bomb deployment techniques as a subject... no wars... no hate!!!

No hate???... may be I pushed it a bit too far...

Anyways I hope you guys got my point... right!!!... Apple = Science = construction = destruction

(Physics Vs. me... its a mix bag of love & hate... I hate it, for I flunked it in school & college... I love it for the convenience it has brought in...)


Case Study 3: Apple as in "Welcome to the Apple Store"

Apple has been synonymous in bringing about a revolution in terms of all the electronics we use today... most of us today are equipped with a personal portable mp3 player... the minute I said portable mp3 player... the first thing that comes to your mind... I-pod... we go to shops today and ask do u have Phillips's I-pod... do you have Samsung's I-pod... A brand name has grown to define a category...
I-phone, the most talked about gadget... there definitely are phones which can match the features... but the complete package in terms of style & substance... I-phone leads the pack...

I-Mac or I book... a different breed of computers... there are people who invest as much as for them the cost is justified by the quality and for the purpose...

Given that kind of money... and allowed to opt... no matter who you are... and how well you know the technicalities... your obvious choice ends up at the "APPLE STORE"...


Case Study 4: A for Apple...

A for apple and the ability to write and communicate has been granted to the mankind... I agree a simple argument could be that English wasn't the first of languages... but yes the most commonly spoken language... if it wasn't for English the civilizations wouldn't have exchanged history notes... and we would have still stayed in the 14-15 century... each one for himself... kinds...

I would have been spared of all the academic misery and you would have been spared of reading my blog and the random ideas..


COINCIDENCE OR CONSPIRACY?????????


By the way... Apples are amongst my fav fruits and my refrigerator is always stocked with Apple juice...

Apples anyone...??

1 comment:

Scarlett said...

Maybe Eve shouldn't have eaten the apple. We would've still lived in the Garden of Eden, life would've been fun & easy & uncomplicated!! But then...we wouldn't have had Newton or Einstein or Edison...we wouldn't have had the Apple store either!!

ROCK ON!!!!!!!!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones