Tuesday, November 25, 2008

'madagascar 2'




As much as I am a sucker for animated movies... this one was long awaited...

Madagascar 1 had set really high standards... I would have seen it at least 20 odd times or more...


Escape to Africa

The Appalling law of Sequels continues: "most sequels made, usually suck as compared to the original"....

Disappointed... I am...

The movie revolves around the story of ALEX ( the lion)... a simple backtrack on Alex's life... and how he meets his family... to end with... how he has to prove himself as the alpha lion... to lead the "Pride"... there is this another lion... who wants to be the King... and tricks Alex... and forces the banish on Alex and his family... Alex's father was the leader of the Pride until then...

Haven't we seen this before... " The Lion King".. yes, absolutely... that's exactly what I felt... watching a low-budget version of The Lion King...

About other Characters :
MARTY ( the zebra) -discovers that he's no longer unique but the same as every other hundredth zebra out there...
GLORIA (the hippo) - looking for true love... and how she realises... true love can come from anywhere and from anyone...
MELMAN ( the giraffes) - appointed the witch doctor for the new found glory land... fighs his own cowardice to reveal his feelings for Gloria...

Yes of Course... the movie ain't all crappy... I mean there were quiet a few good stints every now and then... I liked esp. the penguins...I think they sould have a movie of their own... I liked the lemur too... I think he totally rocks...


Overall... can be watched if you got nothing better to do

Rating : 7/10 (6 for the movie + 1 for the penguin and the lemur)



A third Se


No comments:

ROCK ON!!!!!!!!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones