Saturday, March 21, 2009

"Deep Purple"


a LOUDER performance - by critically acclaimed rock band Deep Purple...

an eventful friday evening...

First half of the evening was loaded with those magnificent pairs of wheels... the harley's, the triumph, the victory, the boss hoss, orange county choppers, the Yamaha's, the suzuki's, the Kawasaki's, the Ducati's the Aprilias and many more... these were just the highlight of what was to begin...

the bike show was absolutely amazing... exhausted... already... I just placed myself on one of those bean bags... lying around the park area... and started to mentally prepare myself for what was to follow...

Once listed by the Guinness Book of World Records as the "world's loudest band"

the quintet comprises of- Ian Gillan(Frontman), Roger Glover(bassist), Ian Paice (drummer), Don Airey(on the keyboard) and of course... of course Steve Morse (the man on the sexy strings)...

To begin with... we were lucky enough to manage to squeeze ourselves to be at around four to five rows away from the stage... standing there, it felt like, as if they were playing for us...

The first one to take on the stage was Ian... I admit at this moment... I was at my foolish best... though I'd been speaking of this to everyone around... that these guys would now be old... and I'm not sure of what to expect... as in... they were the loudest band in the world... they been around for more than 40 years... they belong to the era of Led Zep, Black Sabbath and the likes... and imagine still being the loudest band... what to expect.... but when I entered the arena... I still imagined them to be younger... still be in the same madness... like the ones I'd seen in the countless videos... but Ian's entry was a reality check... following him onto the stage was Roger... he still looked in his crazy best... following him was Airey... he quitely snuggled to his keyboards... arranged in the back of the stage... then the strumming began... Steve Morris...

and the magic began...
couple songs later... I closed my eyes to listen... to feel it... it felt as I was standing in a arena of a 100,000 people or more...... with DP performing... only difference... it was 1979... yes... they still had the power.... they still had what it needed in the performance... in plain words... THEY ROCKED

I mean they lasted more than two hours on the stage... though there were solo's being performed... for cpla minutes... every now and then... by each of the band members... and the others took the well deserved break...

One thing I've noticed from all the recent rock concerts that I've been attending... you don't get rubbish crowd... as in if it was a shakira or a Kylie.... u'd just see about say atleast 50 times the crowd...; there aren't many asians who spend that kinda money... to view them... there are mostly westerners... though there is a clear share of the arabs (more like wannabes, who wouldn't understand a thing... but the minute there is a band would pack their kanduras and drag themselves to these....) and most important of all... it's an experience that one can't deny.... it's one thing to listen to them on ur Music System.... and another to see them for real...

Deep Purple... the experience UNREAL...

Few songs they played, not necessarily in that order:

I want you, I need you, I gotta be near you
I spent my money as I took my turn
I want you, I need you, I gotta be near you
Ooh, I got a strange kind of woman, yes I have

I love it and I need it, I feed it
Yeah, it turns me on
Alright, hold tight
I'm a highway star, yeah

Come on, come on, come on
Let's go Space truckin'
Come on, come on, come on


Hush, hush,
I thought I heard her calling my name now.
Hush, she took my heart,but I love her just the same now.

Smoke on the water, a fire in the sky

Black night is not right,
I don't feel so bright,
I don't care to sit tight.
Maybe I'll find on the way down the line
That I'm free, free to be me.

No comments:

ROCK ON!!!!!!!!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones