Saturday, February 21, 2009

D6

delhi 6

*ing: AB, AB ka baby (abhishek bachchan), AK ki baby(sonam kapoor-she's so pretty), the new nirupa roy aka waheeda rehman, the golden boy of bollywood with whom most of the heriones got their first break (rishi kapoor), the method actor ( atul kulkarni), the obviously old man (om puri)
and bunch of other guys... don't remember their names...

k the gud part of this movie is over... the cast... was the trick...

oh no... actually for me there were two more things... which made me like the movie... the address... chandni chowk (of course saadi dilli and dilli te pyaare pyaare log oops dilliwaale)... second was the social message...

K lemme quickly also say... only the social message, I'm still to come in terms with the way it was approached... as in I'm still searching for the logic... the genius behind the attempt... coz I certainly failed to identify the logic... or the complete concept... yes if the same thing was shown say 10-15 years back... would have been able to reason it out easily... but ever since DCH... I thought bollywood was beginning to change... 2007 & 2008 only confirms on the change-belief... about the change... the expectations have been set... and now going back to all that old generation movie crap...

k the people... if u've been to dilli... and esp. that side of the city... you'd have definitely met atleast some of the characters or the likes... so very true in terms of performances... by each one...

About the movie...

The script was dissappointing... I mean the "kala bandar" crap did happen... but that has been used extremely poorly and out of context...

the context of the police-ial heirachy... and the untouchability issue has been portrayed was brilliant...

and to add to this... the intermission was abrupt, and when it happened everyone at the theatre were a little lost... as the context of the happenings were still to be sown together... as in the story was on but still in bits and pieces... in anticipation of something brilliant considering the combined reputation of Mr. Mehra and Mr. Joshi... we were still hoping for that magical twist... lemme just say it didn't turn out that way...( the mellowed tone is basically an implication of being over exposed to extremes... with the recent run of the last few absolutely utterly crapped movies such as... billu barber, chandni chowk to china, rab ne... and for that matter... ghajini dissappointed me too...

so...

my advice... add the movie theatre expense to that "savings for the rainy day account" (if u have one) or donate...

Rating: 5/10

11 comments:

.... said...

i still hope I'll love it. at least the songs part I already do. disappointed to read the review, hope I find it totally different!.

Psyched said...

hey FDATSU...

kya haal chaal

please dekhiye ye movie and let me know what u feel... i just think a lil more time and focus we cud have had a winner...

.... said...

a funny name you've given me. nevermind, I read three more reviews which were not so good, and a friend in evening quiet explicitly called it a "disaster". everything is so against it, and yet I don't want rahman's music rendered into a waste. abhi no time, hopefully will watch it next weekend. many a times, the bestest of the things have a weird sad ending. may be same holds true for dilli6.!

Psyched said...

@FDATSU
i really don't have a clue of ur name... though I've asked for it and u dinn bother to reply...
so... picked one up... for referenceing...

I just fellin love with the music... downloading the album right now...

oh by the way ur being tagged... just coz i don't have access to ur blog doesn't really spare u of...

m tagging thru this comment

.... said...

You'll go mad if you listen to this album. Rehna tu and daffatan are the best. I remember how I kept listening to them in a loop all throughout a 5 hr train journey and still couldn't get enough of them. He creates magic! no words, absolutely no words to describe how good he is.

betwn, what is tagging?

Psyched said...

@FDATSU
abt tagging... just a blog below this one...

.... said...

you can say @...., FDATSU is awkward, doesn't even mean anything, though that's a trivial thing.

Being tagged means either I've to write a review of Delhi6, which I can not do as of now as haven't watched it yet or I've to type 25 random things about me. I guess later is easier. I'll do that in my blog.

Psyched said...

@@FDATSU : i like this name... though yes it does sound a bit awkward...

and abt u being tagged... yes it was for u to write 25 things...

i was wondering... how do i get to read that..

.... said...

nice then, fdatsu is okay.

I don't show anyone what I write. I don't even write that much. But I'm writing, I'm already done with 20 points, though unlike yours, my points are quite long. once I start writing, I write a lot (which you could've observed in my comments as well) Thanks for this tagging thing. After years, I've speculated so much about myself, which is def. good:) peace.

Psyched said...

@ fdatsu

dat's perfectly OK...

my id is same2same@gmail.com

wud be gud if u invite me... so i get the privilege of reading what u scribble

Psyched said...

So do i get the invite?

ROCK ON!!!!!!!!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones